Beginning on November 4, 2021, The Montgomery County Planning Board will allow limited in-person public attendance at Planning Board Meetings in the Wheaton Headquarters Public Auditorium subject to the following requirements:
- Anyone wishing to testify must sign up at least 24 hours in advance, whether in-person or virtually.
- Anyone wishing to testify in-person must: a) sign up on-line; b) be Fully Vaccinated (meaning it has been at least 2 weeks since a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine); c) show Proof of Vaccination and Identification to appropriate MNCPPC Personnel before admittance to the Auditorium; and d) must not be sick (including, but not limited to, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or new loss of taste or smell).
- Proof of Vaccination must include: a copy (paper or digital) of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination from the State in which you received your vaccinations (some States, including Maryland, West Virginia and the District of Columbia allow you to obtain your Certificate by going to www.myir.net).
- Masks must be worn by all attendees while in the Building.
- Only people signed-up in advance to testify, with the above Proof and Documentation, will be admitted into the Auditorium. Anyone wishing to watch the Planning Board’s meeting, or who cannot meet the above requirements, can watch and/or participate in the Meeting via the on-line or audio options.
- Once a person has testified, and the case for which they were involved has concluded, they must leave the Auditorium.
- Social Distancing will be required in the Building and Auditorium.
- People who wish to attend in-person, do so at their own risk and with knowledge of the risks associated with public gatherings, including the transmission of COVID-19.
- The Planning Board may modify this procedure if necessary to protect the public health, safety and welfare.
There are many ways to participate during Planning Board meetings. Residents can:
- Watch the Planning Board meeting live online, and on demand(opens in a new tab).
- Listen live over the phone to the Planning Board meeting by calling: 866-774-0898 Password: 24252020
- Provide real time testimony via Microsoft Teams or over the phone during the Planning Board meeting. To testify, fill out the Sign Up to Testify(opens in a new tab) form by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Once the form is completed, you will receive an email with a phone number to call and a link to participate in the Microsoft Teams meeting during a designated time to provide your testimony for a specific agenda item prior to the Planning Board meeting. Please note, submitting the Sign Up to Testify form online by the deadline is the only way to testify in real time on Planning Board meeting items.
- Email your written testimony with comments on specific Planning Board agenda items to email@example.com(opens in a new tab) by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Items received after this date and time will not be included in the record.
- If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in a new tab) or leave a message at 301-495-4605 and a staff member in the Planning Board Chair’s office will contact you.