Montgomery County Planning Board to proceed with virtual meetings only starting in January 2022 due to increase in COVID-19 positive cases
December 23, 2021
In-person participation and attendance has been suspended due to COVID-19; the community is invited to continue to participate virtually
WHEATON, MD – The Montgomery County Planning Board, part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), has announced that Planning Board meetings scheduled for January 2022 will include only virtual participation by applicants and the community. The Planning Board has suspended in-person participation and attendance at meetings due to the recent increase in COVID-19 positive cases in Montgomery County until further notice. Residents can participate in Planning Board meetings by testifying virtually and watching the meetings on the Planning Board’s live stream. For accessibility accommodations contact us.
“We have conducted virtual-only Planning Board meetings quite successfully before and we are going to do it again for the time being to protect staff and the community,” said Planning Board Chair Casey Anderson. “I invite community members to continue to engage in our planning process virtually until we can safely resume in-person participation.”
There is no Planning Board meeting scheduled for December 30, meetings will resume virtually on Thursday, January 6 after the holiday recess.
The Montgomery Planning Department Information Counter (located on the 2nd floor of the Wheaton Headquarters building at 2425 Reedie Drive, Wheaton, MD) will be closed to in-person meetings and inquiries. The public can continue to reach Intake and Regulatory Coordination staff via email or phone (301-495-4610) as they are teleworking, and development applications will continue to be accepted electronically. Development Review Committee meetings will also be virtual-only until further notice and can be viewed via live and on-demand video stream.
During the month of January, community members may sign up to participate in Planning Board meetings at least 24-hours in advance through Microsoft Teams or over the phone for specific agenda items. Written testimony may be submitted in advance of the meeting.
There are many ways to participate in Planning Board meetings:
- Watch the Planning Board meeting live online, and on demand.
- Listen live over the phone to the Planning Board meeting by calling: 866-774-0898 Password: 24252020
- Sign up to testify via Microsoft Teams or over the phone during the Planning Board meeting. To testify, fill out the Sign Up to Testify form by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting.
- On the afternoon before the meeting, you will receive an email with a phone number to call during a designated time to provide your testimony for a specific agenda item. Submitting this form online by the deadline is the only way to testify on meeting items.
- If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 301-495-4605 and a staff member in the Planning Board Chair’s office will contact you.
- Email your written testimony with comments on specific Planning Board agenda items to email@example.com(opens in a new tab) by 12 noon on the day before the Planning Board meeting. Items received after this date and time will not be included in the record.
- For ADA accommodations or to request materials in alternate formats, consult the Montgomery Planning Accessibility webpage or contact the Montgomery Planning ADA Coordinator at 301-495-1324.